- From Madison: 180 miles
- From Chicago: 225 miles
- From St. Louis: 260 miles
- From Minneapolis: 300 miles
- From Indianapolis: 360 miles
- From Louisville: 475 miles
- From Detroit: 485 miles
- From Columbus: 535 miles
Printable driving directions map to UI campus: https://admissions.uiowa.edu/doc/driving-directions.pdf
University of Iowa campus maps: https://maps.uiowa.edu
Directions from I-80:
- Take exit 244 and head south on Dubuque Street. (Note: construction on Dubuque Street may cause lane closures.) Continue on Dubuque Street until you reach Market Street. Turn right onto Market Street (a one-way street). At the T-intersection at the bottom of the hill, turn left onto Madison Street. Take an immediate left into the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) ramp.
Alternate directions from I-80 West to avoid Dubuque Street construction:
- Take exit 246 (Dodge Street). Continue on Dodge Street until you reach Market Street. Turn right onto Market Street (a one-way street). Continue on Market Street past Dubuque Street and Clinton Street. At the T-intersection at the bottom of the hill, turn left onto Madison Street. Take an immediate left into the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) ramp.
Alternate directions from I-80 East to avoid Dubuque Street construction:
- Take exit 242 (1st Avenue Coralville). Turn south onto 1st Avenue and continue for 1.3 miles. Turn left onto 2nd Street (US Hwy 6). The road will curve past the VA hospital and become S. Riverside Drive. Turn left onto Iowa Avenue. At the T-intersection, turn left onto S. Madison Street. Shortly after E. Washington Street, turn right into the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) ramp.
Directions from US-218 North:
- Take exit 89 (Riverside Drive/Airport/Old Highway 218). Turn north onto Old Highway 218/South Riverside Drive. Continue through the lights at Hwy 6, Benton Street, and Burlington Street. Turn right at the light at Iowa Avenue. At the T-intersection, turn left onto S. Madison Street. Shortly after E. Washington Street, turn right into the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) ramp.
The room rate at the conference hotel includes parking in the Iowa Memorial Union Parking Ramp.
The parking garage closest to Voxman Music Building is the Iowa City Capitol Street Ramp at the corner of Burlington and Clinton Streets.
UI Visitors Parking Guide: https://admissions.uiowa.edu/visit-campus/parking-guide
Eastern Iowa Airport (CID)
Located on the south edge of Cedar Rapids (20 miles north of Iowa City)
Quad City International Airport (MLI)
Located in Moline, IL (65 miles east of Iowa City)
Ground Transportation from the Airports
Airport Shuttle Service (Cedar Rapids to Iowa City)
General rate between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City: $38 one way; $5 per additional passenger each way (discounts offered for multiple passengers on the same reservation and traveling together to/from the same location)
Windstar Lines (Moline to Coralville)
Stops at the Quad City International Airport (Arrivals Section, Door 6) and the Coralville Intermodal Facility; from there, take a Coralville Transit bus to downtown Iowa City.
- Daily west bound: departs 2:10 p.m. Moline; arrives 3:15 p.m. Coralville
- Daily east bound: departs 4:45 p.m. Coralville; arrives 6:00 p.m. Moline
Car rentals available at the Eastern Iowa Airport (Cedar Rapids): Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National
Car rentals available at the Quad City International Airport: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National/Alamo
Getting Around Town
Buses in Iowa City/Coralville
CAMBUS (University of Iowa campus bus) - no fare
East Campus Shuttle (weekdays only) stops at the Iowa Memorial Union (site of the conference hotel), Voxman Music Building, and Main Library.
Iowa City Transit - $1 fare
Coralville Transit - $1 fare
For additional info from the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitor Bureau: www.thinkiowacity.com
Lyft and Uber both operate in Iowa City.